Easter travel begins in Berlin and Brandenburg with the last day of school before the Easter holidays on 31 March. During the holiday season from 31 March to 16 April, flights to 123 destinations will be offered at the capital's airport. 56 airlines serve destinations in 47 countries.
Around 1.15 million passengers and some 7,500 take-offs and landings are expected at Berlin Brandenburg Airport. For a relaxed start to the Easter holiday, passengers are advised to check in online at home if possible, as well as to book an appointment for the security check via BER Runway from 72 hours before departure and to arrive at the terminal 2.5 hours before departure.
The most important tips for starting your holiday at BER
Prior to travel
• Check in online at home, if offered by your airline. Check-in and boarding
• Reserve your free of charge timeslot for your security check at BER Runway from 72 hours before departure. Runway
• Baggage: When packing, pay attention to the regulations of the federal police and airlines regarding prohibited and dangerous items and find out more online. Security control
• Using the self-service check-in or self-service bag drop saves time. Lufthansa and Eurowings offer check-in the evening before for all flights leaving on the following day, while easyJet offers the same for passengers who have already checked in for flights up to 9.30 a.m. on the following day. Check-in Bag drop
• ID documents: Find out about the identification documents you need before you travel.
• Detailed tips for your journey to and from BER can be found here
After security control, you will find an entertaining range of shops and restaurants. No matter whether you are in the Market Place in Terminal 1, the Plaza of Terminal 2 or in the gate areas: you can expect an attractive range of press & books, travel items, fashion and souvenirs as well as varied culinary delights. Shops and restaurants
If you want to spend your waiting time away from the hustle and bustle at the airport, just simply book one of our lounges. Reserve your access online. Lounges
Additional service information is available here:
The information published on this page is as of the date of publication or update.