Raise the curtain for the City of Dreams, City of Angels, La-La-Land: Los Angeles not only has many names, but also offers an incredible wealth of places worth seeing. Whether Hollywood, Sunset Strip or Venice Beach – the metropolis on the US West Coast impresses with world-famous places of longing.
Once you’ve been there, you won’t soon forget the movie capital, its glitz and glamour. The fascinating thing about the second largest city in the USA is its diversity and vastness. With a population of about 13 million people in an area of about 15,000 square kilometres, the Los Angeles metropolitan region is one of the largest urban agglomerations in the world.
Norse Atlantic Airways will connect BER with Los Angeles International Airport three times a week starting Aug. 19, 2022.
Los Angeles is the ideal starting point for a road trip through California. The Sunshine State offers fascinating nature with its unique national parks such as Yosemite Park, Death Valley and Joshua Tree Park. Those who drive Highway 1 along the roaring Pacific Ocean from Los Angeles north to San Francisco or south to San Diego will experience one of the most beautiful coastal roads in the world combined with a true West Coast feeling.
1. Hike to the famous Hollywood sign
2. Start the day with yoga on Santa Monica Beach
3. Join a surf course in Malibu
4. Rent a bike and cycle from Venice Beach to Santa Monica
5. Practise tricks on the skateboard at the Venice Beach skate park
1. Enjoy the magical sea of lights at night from Griffith Observatory
2. Drink a sundowner between skyscrapers at a rooftop bar in downtown LA
3. Visit the OUE Skyspace observation deck with the glass-bottom slide
4. Drive through the many hills of the city and stop again and again
5. Book a helicopter tour
1. Go behind the scenes on the Warner Bros. Studios Tour
2. Experience action-packed movie worlds at Universal Studios Hollywood
3. Visit the famous Walk of Fame on Hollywood Boulevard
4. Stop by at Dolby Theatre, where the Oscars are awarded every year
5. Book a guided tour and visit the many filming locations
1. Visit the popular Santa Monica Pier and amusement park
2. Take in the magical view from Griffith Observatory
3. Find star hand and footprints at the TCL Chinese Theatre
4. Drop by the villas of the super-rich in Beverly Hills and Bel Air
5. Experience the Baywatch feeling on the long sandy beach of Malibu
1. Mingle with artists, fortune tellers and musicians on Venice Beach
2. Browse the galleries, studios and boutiques in the Arts District
3. Buy a book at “The Last Bookstore”, a crazy bookstore in downtown LA
4. Try on a cool costume at the Stage of Hollywood shop on Hollywood Boulevard
5. Visit the legendary nightclubs on the Sunset Strip
The information published on this page is correct as of the publication or revision date.