A visit to the famous sights such as the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace or Big Ben is quite simply a must for any visit to London. And a visit to one of the more than 170 museums, such as the British Museum or the National Gallery, is just as rewarding.
… and Sherlock Holmes – only in London is this possible. The metropolis on the banks of the Thames fills many film fans with enthusiasm. The backdrops of the city, as locations for numerous blockbusters during the past years and decades, have long since become part of pop culture, from the Millennium Bridge of the world-famous “Harry Potter” films to the MI6 building, made famous by “James Bond”.
1. Watch the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
2. Marvel at Big Ben and the Palace of Westminster
3. Admire the British Crown Jewels in the Tower of London
4. Take a walk through Hyde Park
5. Enjoy fish and chips in a traditional pub
1. Pay a visit to James Bond and others in Madame Tussaud’s
2. Have a ride on a red double-decker bus
3. Visit London Zoo
4. Admire the city from above in the London Eye
5. Take a look behind the scenes at Wembley Stadium
1. Dive deep into the world of Harry Potter on the Warner Bros. Studios Tour
2. Prove, on platform 9 ¾ at King’s Cross Station, that you are no Muggle
3. Become a master detective in the Sherlock Holmes Museum
4. Take a walk through Notting Hill and feel like Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant
5. Have your photo taken with the cute little bear at Paddington Station
Title picture: London © heyengel / Adobe Stock
The information published on this page is correct as of the publication or revision date.